Have you eaten a bit too much over christmas and new years? Start the year with a soup cleanse! A 7-day cleanse will get you off to a great start to 2013.
1) Start your day with a glass of water with lemon right when you open your eyes. This will wake up your entire body.
2) Have a smoothie or juice for breakfast (Try to have as little fruit as possible) – try a juice with cucumber, celery, lemon and ginger – blend with avocado. Or just blend everything if you don’t have a juicer.
3) Have soups for lunch and dinner – Here’s your first recipe – Spicy Winter soup with Pumpkin and Tomato. You can also try my creamy cauliflower and courgette soup or roasted tomato and red pepper soup. TIP: Make a thick soup to bring to school or work – then add boiling water and enjoy (I don’t advise to use the microwave oven)
4) Take a long walk, do yoga or even a short run every day the next 7 days
5) If your feel like giving up, you can eat some vegetables with high water content – thats better than giving up.
6) You can feel a bit bad after a few days – but don’t worry – it’s only for a day or 2 and its the toxins coming out of your body. Believe me – it’s worth it. You will feel so good after the 7 days.
7)If you have the option to use a sauna your cleanse will be even more effective
8) Put some good vegetable oils in your smoothie and on your soup – remember that only sunflower oil, coconut oil and grapeseed oil will stand high temperatures.
Let me know how you are doing! And feel free to ask questions by commenting or sending me an email on email@example.com.
SPICY WINTER SOUP WITH PUMPKIN AND TOMATO
2 onions –
1/4-½ Hokkaido pumpkin
2 red peppers
2 cloves of garlic
Salt – himalaya or sea salt
Chop up all the ingredients. Place in baking pan on a baking sheet. Dizzle with sunflower oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 mins at 200 degrees (400 F). Blend. Put in a pot and add water to desired consistensy – heat up and serve.